[PLUG] Lycoris NFS?

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Thu Mar 27 19:54:02 UTC 2003

I have a 'vintage' 233MHz ATX-oid with 128MB RAM and two HDs: a 1.2GB and a
20GB (this with two partitions.)

I got an oooLD version of Caldera* up & running, (but I have heard that nfs
daemons for this distro are hard to find.)

*The box says 'Open Linux 2.2,'2.2.5 kernel, glibc 2.1 and libc 5. Elsewhere
it mentions NFS 2.2, and NIS 2.0.

What do I need next?

OTOH, would anyone recommend a non-Debian distro that will fit on my hardware
(to use as a somewhat sslloow file server on a small network) so that the OS
resides on the eentsy HD? I don't need a GUI, either, just flip the power
swithc, type in a user namw & pw, say 'hello' to the other two computers (a
mount command or two,) and now I can back up 18GB or so of data from the
other two guys.

Any hope?

-GLL