[PLUG] Possible bug in perl

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Fri Mar 28 17:11:01 UTC 2003

I may have found a bug-let in Perl, and I'd like to test it on as
many operating systems and versions of perl that I can get.

I'd appreciate it if as many of you as possible would run the following
perl code and send me back the output with the version of perl that you
use (from perl -v) and your operating system it would help me a lot!

Thanks,
Colin

p.s. If you're wondering why I didn't send this to the local Perl
Monger group, then check out their early archives when the group was
set up.  At the time, they were disinclined to do "helpdesk" kind of
stuff, and there's been no email since to indicate that things have
changed.  Of course, many of them do that kind of stuff anyway on
comp.lang.perl.misc and perlmonks anyway so it's no big thing.

#!/usr/bin/perl

$a = "name";
$b = 5;

my $c = "name";