[PLUG] Lycoris NFS?

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Fri Mar 28 18:24:01 UTC 2003

: and the name of the module that your network card uses.
: latter can be found by trial and error (and some educated guessing).

My education ins in mechanical engineering some metallurgy, and some foundry
work. As for educated guessing, I bought the card at Fry's months if not
years ago. Earlier on I said I don't want to be 1/2 way through and have to
unscrew the shround, pull something out and say, 'Oh it's a model
D33RF93FJS2243. Neat. Now I can forget that number again.'

So, since in my case 'educated guessing' us not an option, I'm looking for a
distro that can iterrogate what's on that card and make it work. And I'll be
watching a DVD in the next room in the meantime.

: Tough it out through an install on an old Pentium system, it will then
: be a very user-friendly install :)

This is like telling a guy wants an easy way to lift a rock that, instead of
using a unser friendly lever, Bobcat, or whatever, that the answer is to
spend months weight training so that the rock doesn't feel heavy. Not
practical in the short term - so that's why I'm leery of Debian.

GLL