[PLUG] Speaking of FreeGeek

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Sun Mar 30 11:20:03 UTC 2003

I was there the other day looking for a small/thin pc.  I was dismayed to
learn that they don't sell their hardware to the public.  There is a bit of
stuff in the "store" but there was many cool-looking boxes piled up next
door in the window that are off-limits to non-non-profits (although I am
unemployed, don't think that counts.)

Question is, anyone selling interesting hardware?  Wacky Willies NW is
mostly monitors & keyboards. I remember their Aloha store being better, but
it's been years and I don't get out there much at all.

There was the place off Belmont & 34th?, but they turned unfriendly and
always seem closed.  As mentioned earlier, the Thrift stores have gone
upscale, I actually paid for a CueCat ($2) but I got that much fun out of it
before throwing it in the drawer of future projects.

--
Kyle Accardi