[PLUG] CDROM filename problem

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Sun Mar 30 13:06:03 UTC 2003

Yup, its a problem with mkisofs. It needs an -R option to cause it to
write extra info that allows the files on the CD to appear to have stuff
like uid, gid, ownership and proper file names.

The book I used before, Red Hat Linux 7.3 Bible, forgot to mention this,
perhaps thinking that a Linux user might deep in his heart prefer DOS
file names.

Correct usage: mkisofs -R -o /tmp/whatever.cd  /home/weewillywinkle