[PLUG] xmms difficulties

Vincent Damewood vincentdamewood at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 01:59:01 UTC 2003

Maybe you need to kill a daemon or program that's
using up your sound device. see if "killall esd"
works. I never get problems with xmms, but other
programs seem to like it when I do this.

If that doesn't work, try playing a file from another
format, such as Ogg Vorbis. CD's don't count because
the CD drive often has a direct connection to the
Sound Card.