[PLUG] xmms difficulties

Mike De La Mater mikedela at ipns.com
Mon Mar 31 08:00:02 UTC 2003

3/31/03 1:58:00 AM, Vincent Damewood <vincentdamewood at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Maybe you need to kill a daemon or program that's
>using up your sound device. see if "killall esd"
>works. I never get problems with xmms, but other
>programs seem to like it when I do this.
>
>If that doesn't work, try playing a file from another
>format, such as Ogg Vorbis. CD's don't count because
>the CD drive often has a direct connection to the
>Sound Card.

I've tried after killing all daemons (reboot) but I'll try the killall esd you
suggest, too.

I've played with all other formats, still no sound. What's the default format?
While tweaking with it befre learning of the RH MP3 tweakage, my son and I goofed
with it quite a bit.

I'm wondering if my issues aren't with a deeper level setting, but I don't know
where that could be.

Mike De La Mater
Small business networks and technology consulting
503-702-6749
mikedela at ipns.com