resolved [PLUG] xmms difficulties

Jim Wilferling wolf67 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 31 11:58:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 11:41, Russell Evans wrote:
> Did alsaconf in alsa-lib tarball, not work for you? What sound card are you
> using?
>
> Thank you
> Russell

 I used planet CCRMA's apt repository, to dl and install their package
of the 2.4.19 kernel with some sound patches (low latency, etc.)
and their versions of the ALSA Packages. alsaconf is great, but I still
had to edit /rtc/modules.conf, and the halt and init scripts. Its
someting with the wat redhat 8 nloads modules at boot. But It works
great once configured.
 Oh, I know what id was: disabling the oss drivers in rh 8.0 can be a
bit tricky
But then, I'm relatively new, this probably is very simple for someone
who has alot of command-line linux experience

-Jim