[PLUG] Re: Turning up the heat on HB 2892

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu May 1 00:30:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Ken Barber wrote:

> Is anyone here a fan of the Lars Larson show?

Lars Larson is a major local personality.
He is well known in Oregon and Washington.  He used to be of
one of the local TV stations - I think channel 12, but I don't
remember for sure.
He was also married to Deb Jaynes who is another well known
local personality.  They  are no longer married - well not to
each other.

Lars Larson writes or used to write a newspaper column, and he
has been hosting a local topic radio talk show on AM 860 which
is broadcast by stations around Oregon.

My impression of Lars Larson is that he is very conservative
and not always very fair to his guests but better than any
of the other local alternatives.  He certainly is not one
of the hate mongers.  However, sometimes he cuts guests
off and twists their words around.

On balance, I think Lars Larson would be a great show to be on.
Moreover, if we presented things right he might see this as
a way of preventing waste in state government which is one of
his favorite causes.

> Does anyone here know him?  Would anyone here be able to get him
> to talk about this bill on his show?

I listen to him and have read things he has written, but I
haven't ever met him in person.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist