[PLUG] Realplayer

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu May 1 12:08:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 08:41, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On 1 May 2003, Dirk Ouellette wrote:
>
> > Anyone have luck getting realplayer 8 " rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm
> > " to work in RH 9?
>
> I've had (fatal) troubles, too. I've run strace against it a couple
> times, but nothing definitive has shown up. My hunch is that it's a
> threading issue with NPTL, but at this point it's only a hunch.

Have any of you tried the work-around from the release notes of setting
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL?

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/9/en/os/i386/RELEASE-NOTES.html

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *