[PLUG] [FS] Sony Picturebook

Rogan Creswick creswick at cs.orst.edu
Fri May 2 13:34:02 UTC 2003

I recently upgraded laptops, so I'm not using my picturebook anymore,
and would like to sell it (I'm posting to the LUGs because it is
running debian, and I don't want to install Windows on it.)

The specs are:

Sony Vaio pcg-c1x

This is what it looks like:
http://www.reviewsonline.com/images/article/sny99a12a.jpg

P-266, 128mb, 4.3gig, pcmcia nic., 56k internal hardware modem,
soundblaster compatible audio, integrated camera, external usb flopppy
drive, firewire.

The battery is good for about 45min. and it runs a gui in 1024x480
(note the small formfactor, and odd resolution).

Last I checked, these were going for $500 or so on ebay, I'd like to
get $300-$350 for it. Currently it's running debian stable (woody),
and I don't really want to install windows on it just to sell it on
ebay.

I haven't been able to get the camera to work in linux, and I've not
bothered with the modem, or the firewire. Everything else works great,
and it actually has three mouse buttons (the pointing device is one of
thoes points in the center of the keyboard).

Powermanagement is done with APM, which works flawlessly.

If you are interested email me off list.

-Rogan