[PLUG] Oregonian letter, HB 2892

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat May 3 11:42:01 UTC 2003

Ken> Well, among other things one of the problems with his letter is
Ken> that most of the stuff he objected to in the bill has already
Ken> been removed in negotiations with his bosses -- the CTO and
Ken> Deputy CIO of the State of Oregon.

I am a little unclear where they got this guy.  Did he _really_ just
respond yesterday?  It seems like at least a possibility they had his
"response" in the can before they ran Ken's OpEd.  If so, where did
they find him?  Was he "offered" by "the other side"?

I thought most of his argument whiffed (as in: "a swing and a miss"),
however, from a public relations point of view it might have done its
job.  The public doesn't understand the complexities, sees two
opposing points of view and can't evaluate them well enough to form an
accurate judgement.

>From what I was able to dig up on him: his full name is Raymond L.
Robert and he currently works at the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners
(I'd guess since about 2000).  He has posted from a currently defunct
address associated with a company called "Three Star Software, Inc.",
between about August 1997 and April 2000.  He seems to work with HPUX,
judging by where he posts.  He also apparently has posted on the
C.R.I.M.E. list, though in the public archive I found, his email was
obscured.  The website at his agency is running Apache 1.3.27 on
Solaris.

--
Russell Senior          ``Rome is strangling my people and my country... the
seniorr at aracnet.com       whole earth.  But not forever!  I tell you, the day