[PLUG] Emacs shortcuts?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 5 06:42:02 UTC 2003

  I am surprised to learn that there is apparently no keyboard shortcut in
emacs to moved to a specific line number. When I type 'c-h w' for 'goto-' I
see that it's only on the edit menu, and two levels down. Doesn't seem very
efficient to me.

  What have you emacs experts done to bind this command to a keystroke?

  Also, is there a way to automate line wrapping in a text file when it's
been exported (in my case by OO.o) with each paragraph as a single line?
Again, it's not very efficient to go through the equivalent of a 60-page
book by hand separating paragraphs so they properly import into LyX.

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)