[PLUG] Compiling the kernel with new drivers

m at pdxlug.org m at pdxlug.org
Mon May 5 18:02:02 UTC 2003

Can anyone tell me or direct me to a resource describing how to build a
Linux kernel that includes a new driver?

I had to build a new kernel to enable multi-LUN support for my tape
library.  I've discovered that my Dlink DGE-550T NIC locks up under high
load and I've downloaded the latest Linux driver from the Dlink website.
So I've got the source code and a simple Makefile.  Now I just need to
know how to make it a part of a new kernel.
Thanks,
~M