[PLUG] IPTables

Eric Brockman ebrock-ml at wa-net.com
Tue May 6 08:46:02 UTC 2003

Hey all,

	I currently have running two linux boxes on the Internet both on
cable modem connections.  They both have their own internet connection
and are running NAT for their internal lan.  I decided I wanted to
connect a tunnel to them via GRE.  I know this isn't a secure connection
and it has issues with DHCP but with some creative solutions using
dyndns I've got the connections established.  I can ping end to end on
the network.

	Now, since I'm a gamer in my spare time and play Warcraft 3
somewhat, I want to be able to use the native lan support is has in the
game.  It finds games by sending UDP packets on port 6112 to
255.255.255.255.  My question is, how do I get my linux router to pick
that up with iptables, forward it to the other box, have the other box
then forward that to the local lan on its side.

I know this is confusing but It's before 9 o'clock so I'm allowed some
slack :)

Thank you,

Eric Brockman
ebrock at wa-net.com