[PLUG] CSS question (scripting?)

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri May 9 11:20:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 10:15, Rob Hudson wrote:
> Once I tried setting up a stylesheet that was a PHP script.  So I had
> this:
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.php" type="text/css">
>
> And my style.php would print CSS stuff, to do things similar to what
> you're talking about.  But for some reason it wouldn't work correctly.
> I never did investigate to find out why.

Depending on how long ago it was, it might have been because browsers
had lousy support for CSS.  Netscape 4 and older versions of IE make it
nearly impossible.  These days, CSS works pretty well with Mozilla and
derivatives, Opera, and to a limited extent, IE.  (For example, IE seems
to ignore width: but will use max-width:.)

It might have also been that your MIME-type wasn't being set in the HTTP
header; I'm not sure how the type attribute from the link element
affects it.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *