[PLUG] Minnis answers questions at City Club

Ken Barber pundit at teleport.com
Fri May 9 21:23:02 UTC 2003

On Friday 09 May 2003 14:01, David Pool wrote:
> Karen Minnis gave a speech at the Portland City Club today. The
> first question following her talk was about measure 2892. It
> went roughly like this:

[snip]

> Her response talked about agencies already being able to choose
> open source and how the bill had missed some kind of procedural
> deadline.

How disingenious.  Yes, it missed a procedural deadline -- at her
orders.  However, lots of other bills that missed that deadline
get considered anyway.  You see, under House rules the Speaker
has the authority to waive that deadline and let a bill
through....

So she told you a half-truth.  Ever heard the saying, "A
half-truth is a whole lie"?

Something tells me this is all going to come back and haunt her
next year when she runs for re-election....  I hope you Portland
folks give her h*ll when that time comes!

Ken