[PLUG] Free HP5L printer to a good home

Ron Braithwaite ron at nutriware.com
Sun May 11 18:18:01 UTC 2003

Mike De La Mater wrote:
| Is it gone yet?
|
| I'll be on the road on Monday.
|
| Mike

Yup. I just picked it up. Sorry 'bout that.

- -Ron

| 5/10/03 8:01:06 AM, Sean Whitney <sean at fork.com> wrote:
|

|>A while ago I posted a email that said I had a free HP5L printer for the
|>taking.  It's recently rebuilt (by HP), however now it needs to have it's
|>"optics cleaned" (whatever that means) as currently it's output is a
little
|>fuzzy.  I got a local store to quote me a price of $69.00 for the
repair, or
|>there are do it yourself kits on the Internet for $20.00.
|>
|>I got a few people who were interested, but nobody actually showed up.
|>
|>Last chance.  Let me know
|>

|>Sean
|>--
|>Obviously, a man's judgement cannot be better than the information on
|>which he has based it.  Give him the truth and he may still go wrong
|>when he has the chance to be right, but give him no news or present
|>him only with distorted and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy or
|>biased reporting, with propaganda and deliberate falsehoods, and you
|>destroy his whole reasoning processes, and make him something less
|>than a man.
|>-- Arthur Hays Sulzberger

| Mike De La Mater
| Small business networks and technology consulting
| 503-702-6749
| mikedela at ipns.com

- --
"It was much better to imagine men in some smoky room somewhere, made
mad and cynical by privilege and power, plotting over the brandy. You
had to cling to this sort of image because if you didn't you would have
to face the fact that ordinary people, the kind who brushed the dog and
told their children bed time stories, were capable of then going out and
doing horrible things to other ordinary people. It was so much easier to
blame it on "them." It was bleakly depressing to think that they were
"us." If it was "them" then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was "us"
then what did that make "me?"  After all, I am one of "us." I have
certainly never thought of myself as one of "them." No one ever thinks
of themselves as one of "them." We are always one of "us." It's always
"them" that does the bad things." - from "Jingo" by Terry Pratchett