[PLUG] data transfer to a ethernet-less Mac powerbook 180c?

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Sun May 11 20:13:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 08:50:36PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:

> Can someone suggest a source for Mac-to-9-pin null-modem cables,
> preferably that will support hardware handshaking?

Fry's has a decent selection of RJ45-to-[your_favorite_connector_here]
some-assembly-required kits. They just might have a MiniDIN-9 kit, too.
Then all you need is an Ethernet cable and the know-how to wire up the
connectors properly. :-)  I did it with DB-9 connectors -- it's not that
tough.

Do you have SCSI working in the kernel? If you can find a Powerbook SCSI
cable, I have an old EZ135 drive and disks you can borrow.

Paul