[PLUG] (no subject)

plug plug at ardware.net
Wed May 14 13:33:02 UTC 2003

>> Is the OS trying to start the X-server?

The screen goes blank long before it tries to start the
X-server.  When booting, I see the hardware booting screens
before any OS has started.  The instant that the Linux
kernel is booted (I am assuming) the screen goes blank,
so not Linux boot messages whatsoever.  It seems like
there should be a boot option that I need to be designating
that will tell any and all graphics messages to go to the
PCI graphics board instead of the AGP.

>> Can you boot the RH rescue disk (use the old version)?

I haven't tried and to my memory I am never prompted to
make one.  I'll look further, but my sense is that it would
not work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Andy