[PLUG] PCI/AGP Graphics Board Problem

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Wed May 14 14:00:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 04:36:15PM +0000, plug wrote:
>    >> What motherboard do you have?
>    Asus P3B-F ACPI
>    Graphics board: NVidia GeForge2 MX-400 PCI
>    >> Does by any chance the video output appear on the builtin
>    >> graphics card when it disappears from the pci card?
>    There was no builtin card, only the AGP card and I removed
>    as it was being flakey. Do I need the other card? Sorry I am
>    not the most PC savey guy.
>    >> Did disabling the AGP card in the bios change anything?
>    It made no difference.
>    Thanks for you help.
>    Andy

>From the gentoo doc about nvidia cards,
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia_tsg.xml
I noticed this

   the nVidia driver needs an interrupt assigned to your graphics
   adapter to work properly. make sure that you enable the 'assign IRQ to
   vga' option in your BIOS (or however your BIOS calls it).

Does your bios have an assign IRQ to vga?

Bill Barry