[PLUG] Using Linux is now illegal?

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Thu May 15 15:37:02 UTC 2003

SCO is very quickly alienating themselves from the Linux world.

So far, they have failed to produce any specific "infringing" code, and
other vendors have been forced to publicly reassure their customers that
may have received the SCO letter.

For example, RedHat:

-----
 "Given that we have extensive legal resources put forth into making sure
we respect the valid intellectual property rights of companies, we are not
concerned with the statements that have been made" that Unix code appears
in Linux, said Red Hat spokeswoman Leigh Day. "We do take intellectual
property very seriously."
----- (http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-999371.html)

IBM, of course has flatly denied the charges
(http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-999261.html?part=dtx&tag=ntop)

For more than you ever wanted to know about this issue, try:

http://slashdot.org/search.pl?query=SCO

  -- Steve