[PLUG] opera-6.x seg faults

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 16 07:43:02 UTC 2003

  Up until this morning I had opera-6.11 (static) installed and running
nicely on my RH 7.3 system. This morning it would not load and a check
showed that it was generating a segmentation fault.

  So I downloaded the newest, stable (6.12) rpm and freshened the
installation. Still seg faults. Ripped out the old version and installed the
new one. Same thing:

[rshepard at salmo ~/]$ opera
/usr/bin/opera: line 130: 19478 Segmentation fault      $OPERA "${@}"

  Yesterday I upgraded freetype, fontconfig and Xft. Could these have
anything to do with the problem? No, wait, that was Wednesday that I
upgraded those packages and opera worked just fine yesterday.

  I'm stumped and would like some suggestions from you what I could do to 1)
diagnose the cause of the problem and 2) get this app running again.

Many thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)