[PLUG] Default gateway

Michael Luevane mikel at quantecllc.com
Fri May 16 08:37:02 UTC 2003

Well, let me state the entire problem.

We have two web servers - Apache on a Linux box and IIS on a Win2k server.

Real quick network setup: T1 -> firewall/router (Hawking) -> switch ->
network (which includes the web servers)

Each website has its own external IP and I have a DMZ on the firewall to
send the traffic to the approriate host.

Up until a couple of days ago, it all worked fine. On Wednesday, the
websites on the Apache server were no longer visible to the world. I had not
been working on the Linux box at all. From outside the network, I cannot see
the websites on the Linux box, but I *can* see the IIS server. If I move the
IIS box to a different DMZ IP, I can still see it. If I move any of the
Linux sites to a different IP I still cannot see them.

Inside the network everything works fine. I can ping the server and I can
get the web sites internally.

But I cannot get anything from outside the network and I am at a loss. I've
been working on this for a day and a half and I *need* to get this back up.

Any place that I can go to look would help immensly.

Thanks.