[PLUG] Default gateway

Jason H. Smith jason at oes.co.th
Fri May 16 20:27:01 UTC 2003

On Saturday 17 May 2003 03:14 am, Michael Luevane wrote:
> But from the inside, all traffic goes just hunky.

I've seen that doing LVS.  Possibly, your load balancer NATs the dest
address to your web server (that's how LVS works at least).  So the web
server sees a packet from BFE, and it needs a default gateway.  That
should be the load balancer, which has been dilligently keeping track of
this in-progress request. If we screw up the default route of the web
server, accessing it from the LAN will work, but coming from outside
won't.

> route add default quantec-gw netmask 255.255.255.0

Huh?  And why bother with eth0?  Maybe I misunderstand, but don't you just
want that linux machine using your load balancer as the gateway.  Then...
  # route add default gw quantec-gw
is all you need, right?  (I didn't see the 'gw' in your command, and why
use a netmask?)

HTH

--
GPG: 03EE 9EB8 E500 874A F509  7B95 9B9A 84A1 26E9 4F79
http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~jhs/public_key.gpg