[PLUG] Email Notification

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Sat May 17 21:02:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Jason Van Cleve wrote:

> Great, except procmail frightens me.  This is fear of the unknown,
> since I can't find the docs online anywhere, so I don't know how it
> works or even what it does exactly.  I'm always reluctant to install
> things just to read the man pages.  Can someone toss me a link?

The links are easy to find:

http://viaverio.com/support/virtual/email/procmail/docs/procmail.1.html
http://viaverio.com/support/virtual/email/procmail/docs/procmailex.5.html
http://viaverio.com/support/virtual/email/procmail/docs/procmailrc.5.html

Chances are, if the man pages don't help you, then you don't want to
use procmail. There's a picture of the procmail code in the dictionary
next to the word "spaghetti." :-)

BTW, what distro are you using that doesn't include procmail as a
default installation package?

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>