[PLUG] re missing boot messages at clinic today

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Sun May 18 01:24:01 UTC 2003

seniorr at aracnet.com said:
> I just happened across a reference that might be relevant to the
> problem that Galen and ??? were working on this afternoon at the
> clinic.

IIRC, Ethan was his name.

I think I just stumbled onto the answer.  Apparently there are instances
with nvidia cards where the Primary VGA BIOS setting (AGP or PCI) is
important.  This discussion from the Linux Gazette pretty much describes
today's problem.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue86/tag/1.html

I bet a newer kernel might fix this problem as well, but I would
definitely try changing the BIOS setting first.

Ethan, if you are out there, please let us know if this fixes the problem.

galen