[PLUG] Internet data site with Samba and SSH

Benjamin Prew bprew at logiccloud.com
Sun May 18 20:09:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 18:44, Bill Barry wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 05:18:47PM -0700, Benjamin Prew wrote:
> How about just ssh to the machine and use vi or emacs to edit the files?

As much as I like to use vim for as many things as I can, some of the
files (resume, cover letter) are stored (currently) as OpenOffice
documents, and I export them to .pdf.  In either case, I have documents
that have embedded formatting and, unfortunately, can't be edited by
simple text editors.

> If you still want to do the samba port forwarding, you might find this helpful
> http://www.ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/Samba-with-SSH/Samba-with-SSH.html

Thanks, that looks like it will be a big help, if I decide to go that
route.