[PLUG] mail relaying and return mail errors

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Mon May 19 01:09:01 UTC 2003

> Well, check your logs, or use pflogsumm.  If you have a sufficiently
> limited number of users, it should be obvious whether it's been
> inappropriately used.  I hadn't heard it called a "Joe job" until I was
> looking over some of my logs and noticed a reject of a bounce to a
> particular address.

Thanks for the perl script that helps.  But....

It looks like my postfix server is sending under bad names.  I'm still
trying to figure out the entire log thing but it is giving odd names as
people trying to send email.  And I know who would be trying in most
cases.  So...

How do I know if this is relay or some program has compromised the system?
 I'm trying to see what happened if anything.  But first glance does not
give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.  :-(

Josh