[PLUG] UML users?

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Mon May 19 11:43:01 UTC 2003

wcooley at nakedape.cc said:
> Personally, the main problem with charting software I've found is that
> it is awkward to use.  Something like a tablet or a pressure-sensing
> screen for manipulation these things on the screen sounds much more
> natural to me than a mouse, and being able to draw in more of a raster
> fashion instead of vector definitely would be an improvement.  It
> seems that whenever I do try to diagram, I spend most of my time
> getting variously shaped lines to connect correctly with boxes, and
> getting the boxes to line up...

I'll add one more problem with graphical design tools, including schematics.
The absence of useful equivalents to 'diff -u old new'.  It's hard to
diff schematics.  You can diff the output netlist, but there are
definitely problems associated with that.  Also, the absence of
useful diffs makes version control a pain.

galen