[PLUG] PCI/AGP Graphics Board Problem

plug plug at ardware.net
Tue May 20 16:01:01 UTC 2003

Sorry, I was out of town for the weekend.

>>   the nVidia driver needs an interrupt assigned to your graphics
>>  adapter to work properly. make sure that you enable the 'assign IRQ to
>>   vga' option in your BIOS (or however your BIOS calls it).

>> Does your bios have an assign IRQ to vga?

I don't see anything that specific.  Here are some candidates.  But
I don't think, any of them help.

PCI/VGA Pallete Snoop
VGA Bios Sequence  - Choice of PCI/AGP  or  AGP/PCI  I have the PCI/AGP
PCI/PNP  ISA  IRQ Resource Exclusion  This is a pulldown that has something to do with ISA and IRQ's .  Not sure what those are.

That's all.

So from what I can figure, as soon as the kernel kicks in, it fails to
send any output to the graphics board.  I can rebuild the kernel
because the system boots, but don't
have any idea where to start to solve the problem.

Does anyone know how the screen output is handled in the kernel?

Thanks for your help.

Andy