[PLUG] DISLIN

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 15:50:02 UTC 2003

--- Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> wrote:

> iconoklastic at yahoo.com said:
> > [rtk at psyche examples]$ ./exa_f77 ./exa_f77: error
> while loading shared
> > libraries: libdislin.so.8: cannot open shared
> object file: Error 40
>

> The linker can't find the libraries.  From your
> message it looks like
> they are up one level from the example directory, so
> something like
> this might work:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ..:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> ./exa_f77

Apparently it wants to see something like this in your
.bash_profile, or whatever your distribution uses:

DISLIN=/home/rtk/dislin
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$DISLIN/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DISLIN:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH DISLIN LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I'm still not quite sure what it does, but it
definitely does something. Whether it is useful is
something you'll have to determine for yourself. As I
said earlier, I am seeking graphical capabilities for
languages that do not traditionally support them.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."