[PLUG] The latest on SCO vs. reality

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 22 18:53:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, Mark Martin wrote:

> This paper puts it all in perspective.  It's lengthy but worth reading if
> you're worried about this issue.  In light of the info therein, SCO's suit
> has no merit whatsoever.  Of course, as Michael pointed out, there is the
> amazing ability of lawyers to make something out of nothing, especially when
> backed indirectly by an entity with as much money as M$.

  On a related note that fluttered into my mailbox today, SCO resigned from
membership in the German linux group when pressed for specific examples of
code they say was taken from their Unix and used in linux. If they hadn't
run away yesterday, the group planned on meeting tomorrow to consider
kicking SCO out.

  Perhaps they have a corporate brain tumor. That would explain the bizarre
behaviors.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)