[PLUG] DISLIN

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 19:53:01 UTC 2003

--- Mark Martin <mmartin at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I've used Dislin quite a lot and found it to be very
> useful, although it is
> somewhat complicated and may take awhile to achieve
> the exact results you
> want.  A very good thing about it is that it allows
> you to control every
> aspect of your graphics, which isn't true of some
> other popular libraries.

It turns out that Dislin was the sort of thing I was
looking for. It stores the data points in arrays
before doing any plotting, though, so it is definitely
not interactive.

There are example programs on Dislin's Web site,
www.dislin.de. If you want the output to go to your
X-Window monitor, which is probably what you do want,
the following code, in the language you are using (in
this case, Fortran 77) should be inserted above CALL
DISINI and as close to it as possible:

CALL METAFL('XWIN')

In this case, it was worth the trouble to overcome the
obstacles to using a program. Fortran was the first
computer language I learned, but when I first learned
it such capabilities were not available, at least
where I was learning it.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."