[PLUG] mail server or mail client software problem...

Billy Dimaculangan bmdimaculangan at bhpi.com.ph
Sun May 25 17:55:03 UTC 2003

We’re running Red Hat as our mail server, Postfix as the MTA and MS outlook
2000 for our mail clients. Now my question is this, I have this situation
reported to my by users that they are encountering problems regarding email.
These were the two situation reported to me.

First:  when the user1 at mydomain.com <mailto:user1 at mydomain.com>  send email
to user2 at mydomain.com <mailto:user2 at mydomain.com>  , user2 at mydomain.com
receives 3 copies of user1 email sometimes more than 3 copies. But not all
users encounter this kind of problem; I’ve already checked the configuration
of their mail client software and find nothing unusual.

Second:  when user3 at mydomain.com <mailto:user3 at mydomain.com>  send email
with attachment to user4 at mydomai.com <mailto:user4 at mydomai.com> ,
user4mydomaim receives the email but without the attachment.  The subject
and the body were intact but the attachment is missing. For this one I don’t
know if the problem is the MS Outlook or the Mail server. How could I check
form the server if the mail has an attachment?

I hope someone could help me with this and give me some clear explanation.

TIA

---
Billy