[PLUG] Postfix whitelist?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 27 15:57:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Steven Raymond wrote:

> Added the line in main.cf:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>        check_client_access = hash:/etc/postfix/permit-domains,
>
> Ran "postmap /etc/postfix/permit-domains" which generates a
> permit-domain.db file.    (should main.cf say instead check_client_access
> = hash:/etc/postfix/permit-domains.db?)
>
> Then nothing else happened, still rejected the good emails based upon helo
> checks.

  I have two files in addition to /etc/postfix/access. One is called
'badaddr' and contains the domain names I want to reject; the other is
'badip' and it contains the IP addresses I want to reject. In each file the
first entries are my white list.

  I'll have, for example,
this.domainisok.com	OK

and
123.45.678		OK

  Then I run /usr/sbin/postmap <badaddr|badip>

and they work.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)