[PLUG] Requium for HB 2802

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Tue May 27 17:12:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 06:38, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I understand that dia (among other options) is a viable replacement for
> Visio and MrProject is getting better all the time.

I've used a couple of revisions of Dia, it's not quite there yet but
given some time it will be.

>   I wonder ... I read that often Microsoft makes changes in their latest and
> greatest releases that are not backwards compatible. Aren't there equivalent
> costs just sticking with the Redmond religion?

The cost of sticking with Windows is high and not moving off just locks
you in at that high rate. As I said before, converting is a wash but the
long term gains from converting are where the savings are.

>   I didn't suggest cutting positions. I'd rather make converts than enemies.

I think that most reasonable folks understand that it's not feasible to
cut position. There really isn't any return on that venture.