[PLUG] which distro for compaq notebook...or am I screwed?

r.will at verizon.net r.will at verizon.net
Tue May 27 20:22:02 UTC 2003

Yeah, as a matter of fact:  "This hardware isn't compatible with Mandrake Linux, due to
the lack of open source drivers or the unwillingness of its manufacturer."

And your suspicion is right. A couple of earlier replies gave me pointers to some web
sites of users that had installed Linux on a Presario 21xx. There's a few gotchas but
they have workarounds.

So I'm going to buy a copy of Mandrake bring it and my notebook to the next clinic and
have at it.