[PLUG] Font problems in gnome and redhat 7.3

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Tue May 27 22:33:01 UTC 2003

The gnome terminal font change isn't changing the font where choosing
any font seems to mess up text display.  Is this possibly a missing
dependency?  If you just select gnome at install time are all the
necessary packages on the first compact disc alone?  I wonder if
something is simply missing or if I need to do some kind of font
configuration for this to work properly.  It's interesting if I do ls
-la that I can see hidden files but not non hidden files.

This gtk stuff is cool, I got to see a demonstration of a flame man
animation this evening.  It's really nice for creating graphical
interfaces, etc.

I restored usability of gnome terminals by looking up the default
setting on another user account, this solution isn't desireable
though because the default font is hardly readable.

I did a network install so I imagine it's possible that it wouldn't
catch not being able to find a package.

Perhaps there's a gnome terminal bugfix package?

     --  Michael