[PLUG] Storing XML docs in SQL database on Linux?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Thu May 29 16:15:02 UTC 2003

The question of storing XML in DB form is interesting to me (I'm in
the middle of transitioning our technical documentation to DocBook
using the XML DTD), so I poked around a bit. Here's a nice starting
point:

* XML Database Products
  http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDatabaseProds.htm

His data are mostly correct, though one interesting project has been
updated more recently that his table suggests:

* eXist
  http://exist.sourceforge.net/

This one, an Apache project, also looks interesting:

* Xindice
  http://xml.apache.org/xindice/

FYI: These are both Java-based projects, if that matters to you. They
also both are based on some API-level work done at the XML::DB
project: http://www.xmldb.org/

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>