[PLUG] Storing XML docs in SQL database on Linux?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 29 16:43:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> How local?  Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area local enough?  :-) I too am looking
> at SQLite especially since there is a DBD driver for it.  Plus the
> database is one file.  Put on a CDROM and access it from a Linux, UNIX, or
> Win32 system.

Rod,

  Yup, that's close: only a 6-hour drive.

  I like the one-file with everything idea (just like my old, DOS databases)
and having it all in one binary. Nothing at all against PostgreSQL, but this
just strikes me as a very useful tool.

  I'm sure I'll have questions on implementing integrity constraints,
multi-field keys and so forth. I swallowed hard and joined the mail list on
yahoo groups, but there's been no traffic on it today. Kinda' like the glade
list.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)