[PLUG] Realplayer8

Aaron Baer judah at opusnet.com
Fri May 30 10:59:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 08:50, Petcher, Danielx J wrote:
> I could swear I saw this matter discussed a week or three ago on the PLUG
> list. It has something to do with the changes in architecture that make it
> RH9 instead of RH8.1

It has to do with the Threads libraries that RH9 has implemented. The
fix is in the RELEASE-NOTES...

       If an application does not work properly with NPTL, it can be run
       using the old LinuxThreads implementation by setting the
following
       environment variable:

       LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=<kernel-version>

       The following versions are available:

       - 2.4.1 - Linuxthreads with floating stacks

       - 2.2.5 - Linuxthreads without floating stacks

       NPTL support for all dynamically-linked applications can be
disabled
       by using the following boot-time option:

       nosysinfo

A-

--
----