[PLUG] Linux compatibility check on these parts...

Michael C. Robinson michael at robinson-west.com
Sat May 31 23:36:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 20:57, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

Well, it's very unlikely that I'm going to have to worry about a case.
As far as homework, the answers to the questions I've been posing for
the most part are relevant to just about everyone where even attempting
to answer them isn't likely to cause pain or hardship.  What's the point
of a tech community if it's only interested in legislation that is while
good natured unlikely to help at all with the task of creating better
programmers.  The problem I see isn't a failure to evaluate a broad
field of software choices so much, it's a poor educational environment
for programmers and other high tech service providers.  The problem I
see in the tech sector is job security, I don't have it and I'll bet
that most of the people on this list don't either.  The possibility that
Portland State's CS program isn't accredited is are arguably somewhat to
blame for this mess.  Portland could work on it's poor taxing reputation
also.

When it comes to tough times I share a boat with many on this list where
I'm especially troubled that I need to potentially move away from this
area, something I can't afford just yet making this realization even
harder for me to deal with.

It's sad that I'm trying to offer a disclaimer I've seen so many
complain about.

     --  Michael C. Robinson