[PLUG] Bookstore pointers

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Nov 2 16:27:02 UTC 2003

>A particularly handy website for finding them is http://isbn.nu

Thanks for adding to the list.  Other good bookstore links:

www.addall.com   (searches other lists)
www.amazon.com   (reviews, ISBN, sometimes even worth buying from)
www.powells.com  (it's local, sometimes it's on the shelf)

The faster you want a book, the more expensive it will be.  The earlier you
start looking, the cheaper you can find a book in time to start classes.
Perhaps things are different now, but when I was in college, I could
usually find out from an instructor weeks in advance of posted schedules
what the text would be.  That meant I could find the cheapest copies
available (I usually had my pick of the used copies) and it also meant
I could skim the book and read a few chapters before class started.
And that meant that I could stay ahead of the curve rather than grimly
race to catch up.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993