[PLUG] running a mixed Debian system

Steve Beattie steve at wirex.net
Mon Nov 3 10:34:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 04:03:02PM -0800, Felix Lee wrote:
> and there were lots of interesting projects that just died.
> nobody knows anything about Plan 9...

Erm? http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/

One of the biggest stumbling blocks to plan 9 adoption was getting Lucent
to release it under an acceptable open source license. However, it appears
they changed their license this summer, in such a way that it meets OSI
approval -- I don't know the FSF thinks of the new license, since the
only webpage I can find <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/plan-nine.html>
refers to an older (and truly problematic) version of the license.

Sadly, I just haven't had time to play with it....

--
Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
<steve at wirex.net>                         Complete StackGuard distro at