[PLUG] Redhat changes, fedora

Fedor Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Mon Nov 3 15:05:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> That said, Redhat is handling this decision in a reasonable way, with
> the Fedora project.

The real issue will be how the transition from RH to Fedora is handled,
i.e. what's the individual user's experience. If I can install the new
version in the same manner as I installed RH 9 over RH 7, say, then I'll
go with Fedora Linux because it'easier than moving to some other
distribution. I just have to update RPMs. If I have to reinstall from
scratch and restore all my system configurations, then all distributions
are on equal footing in this regard, I have to compare them, and odds are
Fedora won't be the winner of this comparison.

--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857