[PLUG] top posting vs. bottom posting

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Nov 3 16:31:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Monday 03 November 2003 2:48 pm, Felix Lee wrote:
> > yeah, text formatting is a sucky issue that's never going to get
> > better until anti-html bigots (like me) finish dying off.
> I would support a "perty display" email format, if it did away with
> executable code in messages.

It'd be pretty cool if you could edit how much of each previous post you'd
like to quote in your message, but not alter how that is displayed on the
other end.  Then other folks would do the same and each would view it in
their own way/direction.

However, that'd take a massive email overhaul and it wouldn't be terribly
backward compatible (unless the xml-or-whatever version came as an
attachment and, when present, the body was simply ignored) and therefore
will never happen.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin