[PLUG] More consolodation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 4 09:12:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Mike Neal wrote:

> Novell Inc., a business software maker, said Tuesday it will acquire Linux
> software developer SuSE Linux AG of Germany for $210 million in a major
> expansion of its Linux strategy, sending its shares up 33 percent.

  Well, that's not a real surprise. S.u.S.E. has been hurting for a while
now and was in danger of capsizing earlier this year.

> I hope the community can make Fedora viable.

  And Patrick could use a ton of help with Slackware, I'm sure. It's the
quite distribution: just keeps going, and going, and going .... :-)

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/