[PLUG] More consolodation

Aaron Burt aaron at speakeasy.org
Tue Nov 4 10:26:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Mike Neal wrote:
> From:http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/04/technology/novell/index.htm
>
> Novell Inc., a business software maker, said Tuesday it will acquire Linux
> software developer SuSE Linux AG of Germany for $210 million in a major
> expansion of its Linux strategy, sending its shares up 33 percent.

Good for them.  I think SuSE is the best business distro out there, and
maybe Novell can lend it some of its waning market power.  I hope the
GroupWise folks don't strangle OpenExchange, though.

> I hope the community can make Fedora viable.

Which "the community" would that be?

It's possible.  Works for Slackware, Debian, Gentoo, Mandrake et cetera.
I wish it luck but I just don't see what it offers over Mandrake.