[PLUG] More consolodation

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue Nov 4 15:24:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:43:15AM -0800, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Did Novell somewhere along the line become Evil? I think Novell Netware is the
> best network OS, by a country mile. (I don't know how lameass winduhs crowded
> out Netware- bribery? threats?)

worse than evil:  they became lame.  I'm hoping they don't kill SuSE by their lack
of competative strength.

How did "lameass winduhs crowd"?  by presenting PHBs with an "Ingetrated Solution"
that was "easy to manage" that was engineered to "work end to end".  A nice
"single source" to consolodate all your SW needs. Carla, see your very next
sentence for a restatement of how the lameass kicked Novell's ass.

(Sorry if you just ate and the preceeding paragraph makes you puke.)

> Businesses and other users who want ready-to-go products and support

turned to MS.

Michael 'CNE #6028442, February 1992' Ras

--
      Michael Rasmussen  aka  mikeraz
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity

   The fortune cookie says:
When you and I are far apart
Can sorrow break your tender heart?
I love you darling, yes I do;
Sleep is so sweet when I dream of you;
All you are is a blossoming rose.
Night is here so I must close.
With care read the first word of each line.
You will find a question of mine.
		-- Yours hopefully, The VAX.